Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rock 'em Sock 'em Commute

Toward the end of Sunday's ride I stopped at an antique store for something I'd seen last week.  They had a 1970's vintage set of Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots.  This plastic game is AWESOME!!!  I was amazed that this one was in such good shape and pretty much functional.  I had to have it.

I paid my $16 and stuck it in my basket and finished the ride.  I enjoyed riding around with them in the basket enough that I left them in for Monday's commute.  I pointed the video camera at them and got some very silly video.  That went on Youtube and was fairly quickly picked up by a local news blog as well as the Washington Area Bicycle Association morning commute.  A few grumps on the local news blog were particularly grumpy.  The conversation was entertaining.  Happy that the WABA conversation was much more realistic and light hearted.  That's how the video was intended.

I'm happy that it isn't illegal to be a little silly on a bicycle.  I've said it 1000 times... the best part of cycling is the way you get there, not the destination. :D

I love you!

Pete


No comments:

Post a Comment